Vision

Vision

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Right Thing To Do

As part of my fitness goals I wanted to have an event that I was aiming to complete.  The tough part is that I'm not a marathon kinda guy and can't see myself running constantly for a long period of time, and on top of that my knees probably wouldn't hold up.

Now, the Tough Mudder, that's right up my alley.  If you haven't heard of the Tough Mudder then I highly recommend checking it out on Youtube.  It's a team event that combines fear inspiring obstacles with a long distance cross country run.  It's billed as probably the toughest event on the planet.  So, ready for the challenge, I signed up for the Tough Mudder with a team from my work.

How do I tie this into the right thing to do?  Well, after paying and registering to run the Mudder I found out that my oldest (3.5 years old) daughter's first gymnastics show is the same day as the Mudder.  This is where I was faced with a decision.

Now, in previous posts I've talked about knowing your purpose and starting everything with WHY.  It is my purpose that allowed me to know what the right decision was.  As much as I wanted to run the Mudder I chose to go to my daughter's gymnastics show and lose the $170 registration I paid.

My true north and purpose is to be the best role model and dad (with my wife's help) I can be for my kids; this drives and motivates me in every decision I make.  So, the right decision we easy.

I know my true north, if you don't know yours I highly recommend you find it.

Make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment