Vision

Vision

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

When Do You Workout?

When considering the best time of the day to workout a lot of people will say that first thing in the morning is the best.  Moreover, by working out first thing in the morning you will bring up your energy level at the start of the day so you will have more energy throughout the day.

I'm not going to say this is wrong, everyone needs to form their own opinion, but I've got a different view.

I work out at the end of the day.  After dinner, after playing with my kids and getting them into bed, after doing some writing, after doing some work or playing guitar, that's when I workout.  What?!?  Why on earth would you possibly want to workout at the end of the day when most people are thinking about shutting down and relaxing after a long day?  Maybe you're saying, "That's when all my favorite TV shows are on!"  You can make your own choice as to when you're going to workout.  Please, just make sure you're choosing to get some exercise and not making excuses, life is too short.  

This system of working out at the end of the day works for me because I've trained my body to not only perform throughout the day, but my body knows that come the end of the day it still needs to perform at an even higher level.  Thus, maintaining and increasing my energy during the day.  Rather than having your energy peak with a morning workout and then slowly declining over the rest of the day, I've trained my body and energy level to perform at a high level throughout the day and at the end of the day jump to an even higher level.  Somewhere between 8PM and 9PM I'm either starting 30-45 minutes of Insanity or going for a +5 kilometer run.  Believe me, it's hard in the beginning to get yourself psyched up to go for a run or workout in the late evening, but push through this.  Habits take 30 days to build.  Since starting this I've lost over 20 pounds combined with a balanced diet and portion control.

This system has worked for me, I'm not going to say it will work for you, but at minimum I hope to have conveyed that exercise is important and no matter when you can fit it you should do it.  DO NOT NEGLECT YOUR HEALTH or else you'll be looking back at some point in your life wishing you would have done more to maintain and improve your health.

It's your choice.  What do you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment