Vision

Vision

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Exercise... It's up to You!

Written by Mike Nunn

I just got in from a run, something that I try to do 2-3 times each week. I have a route that is a little over 5km through the neighbourhood where I live. Pushing myself to get up and get some exercise is something I try to do whenever possible. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fanatic about exercise, I just know the importance of it and I don't let anything stop me from achieving it. Excuses could come easy to me; I've got a two-and-a-half year young daughter and an all around busy schedule that doesn't allow for much downtime, but I don't let that stop me. You may be wondering what does this guy know to be able to talk about the subject of exercise and health? Well, when I was 19 I lost 60lb (after being one of the biggest guys in my highschool graduating class) by applying this stuff, and more recently I've lost another 15lb. I am proof it works.

1. Limit or eliminate TV watching. I don't watch much TV at all, Canucks hockey games are about the only thing I make time for. Think about it, how has TV enriched your life? How has TV made you more money? Cut it out or severely reduce your TV time and put this new abundance of time towards your personal health and well-being.
2. Portion control (combined with a balanced diet). For most of us out there, we don't need to eat as much as we do. There's a quote I try to always follow by Adelle Davis (1904 - 1974), "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper." There are many websites and professionals out there who can help with exactly what and how much to eat. Believe me, the first couple weeks are the hardest but stick with it. You can do it!
3. It's up to no one but you. Some people don't have the knowledge as to where to begin or maybe need some motivation, there are lots of professionals out there who can help you. But just remember, it's all up to you!

Go make it happen, I know you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment