Vision

Vision

Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Important Things In Life

Only a matter of days ago I became a dad for the second time.  As I sit at the hospital with my wife, this life changing experience has a profound effect on helping me to truly understand what is important in life.  Having someone who is 100% dependent on my wife and I opens my eyes and gives me perspective on where my priorities should be.

Family and friends. My wife and two daughters mean the world to me, I would do anything for them, no exceptions. While not everyone was able to make it to the hospital for a visit, which is understandable, we had many calls and emails congratulating us on the new addition to our family. Surrounding ourselves with loving and caring family and friends is so important and gives us an amazing feeling of support.

Health. Like our first daughter, our second daughter was born with good health. For this we are thankful and blessed. Many parents have children who are born with disability or illness, which can put a huge stress on a family. I commend any family who stays strong and unified under these circumstances. Don't take yours or your children's health for granted, do everything you can to stay healthy, active and in shape so that you can raise your children with the same vision.

Profession. Having a career or profession that allows us to support out family and my wife to stay at home on maternity leave is a true blessing. There are too many people out there who don't have this luxury and are unable to enjoy some of the things that so many others take for granted.  If you have a job, be thankful, even if you don't love your job at least you have one. Thank you to everyone at Ideon Packaging and the Sutton Place Hotel.

Don't let the unimportant things distract you from what's important.  Hug and kiss your kids, tell your parents you love them, thank your friends for being there for you and honour all the important things in your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment