Vision

Vision

Monday, August 13, 2012

Have Fun With Your E-mail Auto-Reply


Recently I was on vacation and before leaving had to set up my e-mail auto-responder.  I've always struggled with the auto-responder because it seems like mine, and all the other ones I get, are too formal and lacking in the humour category.  Don't get me wrong, I think they're important for letting people know that you might not get back to them right away, but they need to be more fun.  So, rather than creating my same old boring auto-responder I set up the one below.

I will be on vacation from August ___ to the ___.  During my vacation, I will not be able to get to most of my incoming emails right away. Why? Because being on vacation, I'm likely to be frolicking on a beach, playing horse balls (seriously, Google it), or something, and reading emails is incompatible with frolicking. 

In case of an absolute emergency that requires my immediate attention, please call our office at ____________ where our amazing team members can help you, or will know how to contact me. Bribe them. Tell them they look beautiful. Examples of "absolute emergency" include: You are the Prime Minister, you are Elvis, you urgently want to give me a billion dollars,  you discovered that I'm "The One" and you must find me before the Agents to give me that "blue pill, red pill" speech.

Smile, and make it a GREAT day!
Mike

If you can't think of something on your own, don't worry, that's what the internet is for.  Where do you think I found this one?  I just made a few changes so it worked better for me.

Have some fun, be different, life is too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment