Vision

Vision

Monday, July 16, 2012

The Ideon Difference

Since joining Ideon back in 2002, I have been witness to, and part of, many scenarios that put Ideon in a category of one, where I know that we are untouchable.  Where our Team Members go above and beyond to selflessly help our customers.  Over this past weekend another one of these outstanding customer service scenarios happened again.

Late on Friday night, one of our sales team members received a panicked call from his customer asking for a delivery of boxes the next day.  We don't normally make deliveries on the weekend and as a result did not have any drivers working that day.  However, I phoned one of our drivers and he offered to come in and make the delivery.  I should point out that he did not have to come in, we have a third party freight company who could have made the delivery for us, but our driver wanted to come in and help.

The production crew that was in that day were great!  They jumped all over getting the order ready for shipment, which is something that is not a part of their regular weekend duties.  Moreover, they stayed in touch with me throughout the day to let me know where everything was at so I could keep the Sales Team Member and customer informed.

Next I got in touch with our head Shipper to ask where the product was located, so the production crew who was in that day could pull the order for the driver), but without me asking he volunteered to come in to work and help the Production Team organize the shipment.

All of this was made easier by the fact the Ideon has embraced technology and I was able to access our production and shipping schedules remotely, enter an order from my iPhone and stay in touch with everyone mentioned above through text messaging.

In the end, the customer got their order well before they needed on Saturday and gave me yet another reason I'm proud to work with the Ideon Team.  I am WOWed!

No comments:

Post a Comment